I am a Spanish musician and interdisciplinary researcher based in Finland. I hold a PhD in Psychology from the Autonomous University of Madrid (Spain), and a Master’s Degree in Classical Music Performance from the Sibelius Academy in Helsinki (Finland).
I am currently
- Adjunct Professor of Music Education at the Sibelius Academy, University of the Arts Helsinki,
- Postdoctoral Researcher funded by the Academy of Finland,
- Research Fellow at the Center for Educational Research and Academic Development in the Arts, University of the Arts Helsinki,
- Co-Editor of ISME’s Revista Internacional de Educación Musical,
- Vice-President of the Spanish Society for Psychology of Music and Music Performance, and
- a freelance cellist.
You can find me equally at home playing concerts on period instruments, carrying out research on the educational psychology of music, or sharing my artistic-scientific knowledge with others in a variety of contexts. Browse through the navigation menu to learn more.