CURRENT RESEARCH PROJECTS & ASSOCIATE FELLOWSHIPS
- (2018-2021, Principal Investigator) Transforming musicianship: Developing musicians’ learner identity through multidisciplinary pedagogy (Postdoctoral level – Sibelius Academy & CERADA-Uniarts), funded by the Academy of Finland (Ref. 315378).
- (2021-2023, Co-Principal Investigator) Expanding reflexivity of professional education in music in times of crises (Professor/Docent Level – Sibelius Academy).
- Sub-study 1: Classical musicians’ motivation to practice during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Other sub-studies TBA.
- (2020-2023, Associate Researcher) Rethinking music performance in European higher education music institutions (University of Aveiro, PI: Jorge Salgado Correia), funded by the Erasmus+ Education and Training Programme, European Commission (Ref. 2020-1-PT01-KA203-EB11CF50).
- (Since 2021, Associate Researcher) Self-regulated learning in the musical training of teachers in online and hybrid contexts, Teaching Innovation Program, Madrid Complutense University (Spain).
- (2019-2021, Collaborator) Music education inequalities in Chile, Alberto Hurtado University’s Music Institute, funded by the Chilean Development of National Music (Ref. 560651).
- (Since 2019, Associate Researcher) Creative Workforce Initiative, Curtin University (Australia).
- (Since 2016, Associate Researcher) Center for Educational Research and Academic Development in the Arts (CERADA), University of the Arts Helsinki (Finland).
- (Since 2011, Associate Researcher) Interdisciplinary Group on Learning and Educational Change (SEIACE), Madrid Autonomous University (Spain).
CURRENT EDITORIAL WORK
- Revista Internacional de Educación Musical, Co-Editor (2020-2023).
- International Journal of Music Education, Editorial Board (2020-2026).
- Gifted Education International, Editorial Board (2020 onwards).
- Musicæ Scientiæ, Editorial Board (2019-2021) | Special Issue on Identity & Music, co-Guest Associate Editor (2021).
- Frontiers in Psychology: Special Issue on Cognition & Music Performance, co-Guest Associate Editor (2020/21).
- My complete Ad Hoc Reviewer work can be consulted at Publons.
DOCTORAL DISSERTATIONS’ SUPERVISION & COMMITEES
- I currently as responsible supervisor or co-supervisor for 5 doctoral dissertations at various European universities.
- I have acted as secondary supervisor for a number of doctoral dissertations in Finland.
- I have acted as opponent and pre-examiner for a number of doctoral dissertations internationally.
- (14.09.2019) Prize Bankia for Musical Talent in the category of Best Music Researcher, given by the Federation of Musical Societies of the Valencian Community (Spain), in collaboration with the bank Bankia and the Valencian Institute of Culture. Award: 20.000€ and a trophy.
- (06.06.2018) Extraordinary Doctorate Prize for my doctoral dissertation defended in 2014, Faculty of Psychology, Madrid Autonomous University, Spain (equiv. Best PhD Thesis for dissertations between 2013 and 2018, including the Prima Doctor distinction).
- (31.01.2018) Title of Docent in Music Education, Sibelius Academy, University of the Arts Helsinki, Finland (nordic honorary title, lifetime achievement).
- (20.1.2014) PhD distinctions Summa Cum Laude and International Mention,Faculty of Psychology, Madrid Autonomous University, Spain.